Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
Faculty 02: Social Sciences, Media, and Sports
Institute of Sociology
Sociology of Technology and Innovation
Tel +49 6131 39-27608
Fax +49 6131 39-26157
Frederick Herget has been working as a research associate at the unit of Sociology of Technology and Innovation, Simulation Methods since January 2021 and is particularly involved in the AI-FORA project.
He studied philosophy and political science as well as mathematics in Frankfurt and was employed at the Institute of Mathematics at the University of Frankfurt from 2016 to 2020. There he worked on problems from the borderland of analysis, differential geometry and mathematical physics and did his PhD on the renormalization group flow of nonlinear sigma models and the inverse mean curvature flow of non-compact hypersurfaces in hyperbolic space. In addition to his work as a mathematician, he also dealt with questions of the theory and sociology of science, in particular with regard to the social embedding of mathematical theory formation.
- Evolution and social embedding of scientific and technological innovations
- Structure of scientific modeling
- Foundations of the Frankfurt School and the Social Market Economy
- Measurability and impact of values and culture
- Geometric evolution and diffusion equations